In an ever-changing cybersecurity landscape, organizations must constantly analyze how they manage their IT networks, system requirements, industry regulations, cloud computing, application updates, software licenses, hardware replacements, and so much more.
When you look at the whole picture of your IT infrastructure and network security, sometimes it can be too much to expect of just one employee—especially if they ever go on vacation or need to take a sick day. Enter Co-Managed IT Services: the solution to the support your in-house IT person and organization could benefit from.
This blog will review what co-managed services are, how they work, and who uses them.
What is Co-Managed IT Service?
A co-managed IT service environment allows businesses to customize which IT to keep in-house and which to subcontract to a managed IT service provider, like Clarity Technology Group. As a managed IT service provider, we often partner with an organization’s in-house specialists to optimize efficiency and provide up-to-date resources from an external perspective.
With co-managed IT services, an organization can pick and choose which resources they need and when they need them. IT co-management provides an opportunity for an organization’s in-house IT presence to create a partnership with a managed IT service provider that supplements, enhances, and supports their existing efforts.
How does Co-Managed IT work?
Co-managed IT will look different for every business—and that’s the beauty of it. At Clarity, our goal is to become an extension of your current IT team, not to replace them.
Clarity creates a unique plan for our co-managed IT clients for each organization.
The co-management service model follows these steps:
- Analyze the needs, resources, skills, and tools of your existing in-house IT individual or team.
- Determine which supplemental resources or services are needed to reach your company’s goals.
- Partner with a third-party managed IT service provider (like Clarity Technology Group) to fulfill those needs.
Outsourced IT services can include anything from helpdesk support to a large-scale cybersecurity strategy. The key point is that co-managed IT is flexible.
Who Should Use Co-Managed IT Services?
The following criteria will make your organization a prime candidate for co-managed IT services as an IT solution:
- Your existing IT staff is too small or overworked. Often, if your organization has grown (either steadily or rapidly), eventually, there is a need for more IT support. New clients, projects, hardware, etc., can stress a single IT person or a small team. Partnering with a managed IT service team will provide the expertise and support needed to keep your organization running smoothly and prevent your IT team from reaching burnout. Let us be an extension of your in-house IT person so they can take a worry-free vacation or sick day.
- Your existing team has a knowledge gap: it’s difficult for one IT person to replace the knowledge and experience of an entire team of people. Even the smartest IT people often need the support and resources of a managed IT service team like Clarity Technology Group.
- Your organization is taking on a new project. Often, new clients or new projects stress an organization’s existing infrastructure. Partnering with a managed IT service provider can be an efficient and effective way to expand your team quickly to absorb new business.
Co-Managed IT Services Madison, WI
When it comes to the value of co-managed IT services, countless industries can and do benefit from this model. From health care and manufacturing to law firms and accounting offices, many organizations gain valuable peace of mind when utilizing a co-managed IT service model.
As a co-managed IT service provider in the Greater Madison Area, Clarity Technology Group customizes and optimizes our IT support plans for each client and industry. Get in touch with a member of our team today to talk about the potential of co-managed IT services.