Microsoft Teams added a great new feature to their messaging system just this month–the ability to pre-schedule a message. Pretty cool, right? In the spirit of innovative changes, we will highlight one of our favorite components of Microsoft 365–Microsoft Teams.
It’s important to know that we walk the walk at Clarity Technology Group. Internally, we use Microsoft Teams every day. From internal file sharing to inter-team messaging, there are countless ways Teams can support your business. Microsoft Teams has truly revolutionized how teams work together, collaborate, and get work done.
Let’s review some of our favorite features of Microsoft Teams.
What is Microsoft Teams?
First things first. For those unfamiliar, Microsoft Teams is a messaging app for your organization—a workspace for real-time collaboration and communication, meetings, file, and app sharing. It’s a one-stop shop with easy accessibility for everyone on your team (no pun intended).
5 Tips for Microsoft Teams
- Set up naming conventions. In short, this means consistently naming files and folders with a system and plan your entire team knows and understands. This maximizes the efficiency of locating files.
- Use chats for one-to-one messages and general channels for collaboration. Within Teams, there’s a Chat option and a Teams option. Both have different intended uses–use chats for one-to-one messages and channels for collaboration.
- Set up Notifications properly. Notifications are great–they enable us to stay connected and up-to-date on important happenings. However, not all notifications are necessary; some can be distracting and even lower individuals’ productivity. Setting up notifications so that they are personalized for each team member is important.
- Set up all calendar meetings in Teams rather than Outlook. No need to use Outlook and Skype–and it’s definitely time to get rid of your Zoom account. You can do all of this within the Teams platform!
- Use Notes in Teams to collaborate on documents. OneNote is Microsoft’s note-taking application, primarily used for free-form information gathering and collaborations. It provides a hub for all your notes. You can organize notes into separate notebooks, create sections within notebooks, add multimedia documents, and write notes. With OneNote integration, you can also collaborate on documents and take notes directly from Teams.
Proven IT Solutions for Businesses
At Clarity Technology Group, our expertise comes not only from years working in IT but also from the experience of working with countless small to medium-sized businesses in a wide range of industries. With extensive knowledge of the systems that help businesses operate most efficiently and effectively, we join your team to help your business perform to the best of its ability.
To schedule a free assessment of your business, get in touch with us here.