Heading into 2022, our main focus was and is cybersecurity. As cyber-threat levels rise, it’s important to have a clear plan in place. It’s estimated that cyberattacks cost organizations $6 trillion worldwide in 2021, up from $3 trillion in 2015 (source).
How can your organization be protecting and preparing itself as we continue into 2022?
5 Tips to Focus on Cybersecurity in 2022:
- Understand your risk profile. The first step to addressing the security of your organization is to understand your vulnerabilities and risk profile. From here, you and your IT security team can develop a plan to address and protect key vulnerabilities from potential malicious actors.
- Perform regular security and patch updates. If you’re working with a qualified MSP (like Clarity Technology Group), they should be doing this for you. Performing recommended security and patch updates is one of the easiest passive ways to protect your organization with minimal cost and effort.
- Always use MFA. If you’re not already, make sure everyone in your organization–top to bottom–is utilizing multi-factor authentication. Absolutely no exceptions. We talk more about the importance of MFA in our blog here.
- Make sure you have secure backups. One of the best ways to mitigate negative effects of a potential ransomware attack is to make sure you have backups of business-critical systems and data. Additionally, ensure that backups cannot be impacted by wiper malware attacks or ransomware attacks.
- Get cyber insurance now if you don’t already have it. No, it won’t be easy but get it anyway. When it comes to acquiring cyber insurance in 2022, we are expecting rate increases, reduced capacity, ransomware sublimits, coinsurance, higher deductibles and supplemental applications. Brokers are making it more difficult to get cyber insurance making it all the more of an advantage to get it anyway.
If you are not already working with a qualified managed service provider to support the IT security of your organization, get in touch with Clarity Technology Group. We can answer questions about all of the points above, and more. Contact us here.